3 WAYS TO TURN YOUR FAVORITE TREAT INTO HOLIDAY CRAFTS
If there’s one thing we love about the holidays, it’s getting together with family and friends to celebrate our favorite traditions and create new ones. This year, add a fun twist to your family’s traditions by decking your halls with these clever DIY crafts. They’re simple to make, only require a few supplies and involve eating ice cream! What could be more wonderful than that?
FUN & FESTIVE ICE CREAM SUNDAES
Kick off your day of crafting with a treat you can eat! These ice cream sundaes are simple to make and sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
To create this fun and festive treat, pick up a few pints of our Chocolate ice cream the next time you go to the store, along with a bag of pretzel twists, red chocolate candies, mini candy bars and whipped cream.
Assembling these ice cream reindeer sundaes is a cinch! Top a scoop (or two) of our Chocolate ice cream with a mini candy bar for the face, a red chocolate candy for the nose and two small dollops of whipped cream for his eyes. Then, snap a pretzel twist in half and place into your delicious bowl of ice cream, on either side of the mini candy bar to create the antlers.
Another idea we love? Making a frosty friend using our Creamery Blend Vanilla ice cream! To make your ice cream snowman, you will need a couple pints of this creamy and delicious flavor, plus mini chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, mini peanut butter cups, peppermint sticks and candy corn.
To bring your frosty friend to life, stack three scoops of our Creamery Blend Vanilla ice cream on top of each other, using chocolate chips to form the eyes, mouth and buttons, and two peppermint sticks to form the arms. Want to give your snowman a hat? We suggest using a peanut butter cup or brownie shaped to look like a top hat.
Dig in and enjoy! Be sure to save your empty pints, you’ll need them for the crafts below!
MAKE A PICTURE FRAME ORNAMENT
Did you know our pint lids are the perfect size and shape for Christmas tree ornaments? As an added bonus, you can use the back as a picture frame. We’ve included some suggested ideas and materials for adding some flair to your ornaments below.
- Hudsonville pint lids
- Craft/scrapbook paper
- Pom poms
- Pipe cleaners
- Holiday embellishments and stickers
- Family photos
Ideas for transforming your pint lids into DIY ornaments:
- Measure and cut out 3.5-inch circle out of a piece of craft/scrapbook paper or felt.
- Hot glue the circle of craft paper onto the top of the pint lid, over the flavor name.
- Get crafty and give your ornament a personal touch by decorating the top and rim with festive stickers, pom poms and embellishments.
- To hang the ornament from your tree, take a pipe cleaner and make a loop in the middle, then twist the two ends to close the loop. Cut off most of the excess, then hot glue it to the rim of the ornament.
- To transform the ornament into a picture frame, trace a 3-inch circle around the family photo that you wish to place inside the back of the ornament, cut it out and glue it on the inside of the lid.
CREATE A HOLIDAY TREAT CONTAINER
Once you’ve finished enjoying your pints of ice cream, turn them into presents for teachers, friends and family by transforming them into cheerful treat containers you can stuff with homemade goodies.
We’ve shown a few examples above, but feel free to use your imagination and get as creative as you want. Our pints could easily be turned into elaborate gingerbread houses, merry elves and more!
Supplies you’ll need:
- Empty and clean Hudsonville Ice Cream pint containers
- Craft paint
- Paint brushes
- Water dish
There you have it, three simple ways to turn your favorite treat into a fun holiday craft. Looking for other ways to get in the holiday spirit? Be sure to check out our holiday desserts eBook. With more than 15 festive recipes, you’ll be sure to find a new favorite to serve up this year.