4 ICE CREAM RECIPES TO MAKE YOU FEEL LUCKIER THIS ST. PATRICK’S DAY
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and this year you can make your own luck all month long with these incredible ice cream recipes, made with one of our green and minty flavors.
A traditional menu for St. Paddy’s Day might feature Irish classics like corned beef and cabbage. Instead, we’ve compiled a list of four dessert recipes that are sure to be the real pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Whether you’re craving our traditional Mint Chocolate Chip, the creamy and delicious Dairy Free Mint Fudge Cookie, the showstopping new Extra Indulgent Mint Cookie Dough, or even our No. 1 fan-favorite Creamery Blend Vanilla, we’ve got you covered.
EMERALD ISLE SHAKE
Every St. Patrick’s Day celebration needs a mint milkshake! Get your green on at home with one of our classic flavors for a simple yet cool and delicious drink.
- 3 scoops of Hudsonville’s Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
- 1/2 cup of milk (vary for thicker or thinner mix)
- 4 drops green food coloring
- Whipped cream and Chocolate sauce for topping
- In a blender, mix Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, milk and food coloring until completely smooth.
- Pour shake into serving glass and top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce before serving.
FROZEN GRASSHOPPER PIE
If you don’t know what a grasshopper pie is, or haven’t tried one before, our friend Melissa at Simply Whisked will fill you in on everything you need to know. She put a fun, family-friendly twist on this timeless treat by using our Dairy Free Mint Fudge Cookie flavor, but you can substitute our new Mint Cookie Dough flavor from our Extra Indulgent lineup if you’d prefer a dairy option.
No matter which minty ice cream you choose, trust us – this refreshing no-bake dessert is a crowd-pleaser and will quickly become your go-to St. Patrick’s Day party dish.
MINT FUDGE COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICH
If a minty ice cream pie doesn’t tickle your taste buds, Melissa from Simply Whisked whipped up another St. Patrick’s Day treat that will have you jumping for joy. Using Dairy Free Mint Fudge Cookie (or one of our other incredible mint-based flavors) and a little rainbow magic, you can create an ice cream cookie sandwich you’ll want to make again and again.
IRISH BEER FLOAT
This one is just for the adults! A boozier take on a classic two-ingredient milkshake, these floats are a more decadent version of the Irish stout known around the world. If you’re short on time but big on flavor, this is the recipe for you. Sláinte!
- 1-2 scoops of Hudsonville Creamery Blend Vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle (11.2 oz) cold Guinness Stout Beer
- Pour bottle of Guinness into a pint glass (16 oz).
- Top with 1 or 2 scoops of Hudsonville Creamery Blend Vanilla ice cream and enjoy!