5 EXTRA INDULGENT RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY
Our Extra Indulgent lineup is loaded with potential. Sure, you could grab a pint and a spoon and be more than happy. Or, you could get ambitious and master some of these delectable recipes, integrating our favorite Extra Indulgent flavors.
If you’re ready to kick your sweet treat up a notch, trade your normal spoon for a tablespoon—and let’s get started.
EXTRA INDULGENT CRUNCHY MUNCHY CONES
Picture this: You’re hosting a party. You need a dessert. You pull these delicious cones out of your freezer and people beg you for the recipe. Then, you tell them this:
4 waffle or sugar cones
1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
ICE CREAM FILLING:
1 pint – Extra Indulgent Crunchy Peanut Butter ice cream
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping
1/4 cup caramel sauce
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
1 Tbsp sea salt
1/2 cup chopped peanut butter cups
1. In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Stir every 30 seconds.
2. Spoon 1 teaspoon melted chocolate into the bottom of each cone. Set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and frozen whipped topping. Stir in the caramel sauce, warmed peanut butter, and sea salt.
5. Fold in the chopped peanut butter cups. Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes until semi-frozen.
6. Re-melt chocolate as necessary.
7. Spoon about 1 cup of the ice cream into each of the cones, pushing to the bottom.
8. Spoon melted chocolate over the tops of each cone and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
9. Transfer cones to baking sheet and place in freezer 2 hours or overnight.
EXTRA INDULGENT BLUEBERRY PRETZEL PIE
This isn’t your average pretzel pie. Not even close. This one packs a blueberry punch—and delivers that heavenly sweet-and-salty balance.
2 cups mini pretzels
¼ cup light brown sugar
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
¼ cup non-fat dry milk powder
1 Tbsp malt powder
9-10 Tbsp butter, divided
2 pints Extra Indulgent Blueberry Donut ice cream, softened
1 lb blueberries, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp sugar
1½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 275˚F.
2. Crush the pretzels into small bits.
3. Add in the sugars, milk and malt powders.
4. Melt 7 Tbsp of butter, stir in and toss until evenly combined.
5. Spread on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Let cool completely.
8. After crunch has cooled, melt remaining butter and toss into a baked crunch. Press evenly into the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
9. Freeze to chill.
10. Once crust is chilled, spread softened ice cream in an even layer in the crust and return to freezer.
11. For topping, combine berries, sugar and vanilla and toss to combine.
12. Let stand for 15-30 minutes and gently mash some of the berries.
13. Spread the berry topping over the ice cream layer and freeze several hours.
14. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
EXTRA INDULGENT CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BOURBON FLOATS
Bourbon plays nicely with chocolate and raspberry flavors. So yeah, we went there. Enjoy responsibly—and don’t forget the straw.
1 pint of Extra Indulgent Raspberry Chocolate Chunk ice cream
4 oz of bourbon
2 bottles of raspberry soda
1. Fill glasses with ice cream.
2. Pour in 1-2 shots of bourbon (or lots more).
3. Pour in soda.
EXTRA INDULGENT DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM COOKIES
We have four words for you: better than store-bought. Our Cookie Overload ice cream makes this iconic dessert taste unlike anything sitting in the freezer aisle.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup Hudsonville Cookie Overload ice cream
1 large egg
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Melt butter and pour into an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
2. While still hot, add both sugars and mix on low until combined.
3. Add ice cream and mix until smooth.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract, mix for just a few seconds, then add baking soda and salt.
5. Mix until smooth, then mix in flour slowly until dough just comes together, stir in chocolate chips.
6. Scoop 2 Tbsp balls of dough onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
8. Preheat oven to 350°F.
9. Place cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.
10. Bake for about 9-11 minutes, until golden around the edges.
11. Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheets before moving to a rack to cool completely.
EXTRA INDULGENT MINT COOKIES AND CREAM PIE
Mint lovers rejoice! We may have saved the best recipe for last. As for making it? Easy as pie.
1 package (15-1/2 oz) chocolate cream sandwich cookies, crushed, divided
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 pints Mint Cookie Dough ice cream, softened
1 jar (16 oz) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine 3-3/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter.
2. Press into a greased 13×9-inch dish.
3. Spread with ice cream; cover and freeze until set.
4. Drizzle fudge topping over ice cream; cover and freeze until set.
5. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs and chocolate chips.
6. Cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm.
7. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Which recipe will you try first? Let us know in the comments, and tag us when you share your photos – if you can snap one before you devour it all!